HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS
MAGIC is in Community
A Cluster of Pocket Neighborhoods of Amenity Space
Kallimos is exceptional and better. With amenities that offer access to independence-oriented technologies, and an abundance of shared space for socializing, we provide care that is no exception. We founded Kallimos with a model of residential choice in recreation and care to provide a place where people live together in rich diversity, develop friendships and receive support to extend their independence and protect their dignity through the end of life.
Designed for the
Body, Mind, and Spirit.
Common buildings and shared elements are direct amenities of living in a pocket neighborhood. Beyond these benefits, these common facilities foster connections among neighbors and strengthen their sense of community.
- Every Minka Pocket Neighborhood Cluster shall contain at least two of the following elements shared and managed by residents of that cluster:
- Heated Commons Building, with optional bathroom and kitchenette, for meetings, card games, movie nights, potlucks, exercise, etc.
- Barbeque, pizza oven, campfire circle, or outdoor terrace;
- Picnic shelter;
- Tool and general storage shed;
- Kitchen garden or flower garden.
- Larger Pocket Neighborhood clusters may include more significant common buildings or elements for the benefit of all the residents of the community, including those listed above, and/or such facilities as:
- woodworking shop;
- community kitchen/dining room, living room, library;
- Day care room and/or playground
- community garden.
Common House Amenities and Safety Features
- Great Room for optional shared meals and large events
- Smaller dining room for private meals (expansion to great room for larger events)
- Commercial-quality kitchen with gas ranges, two ovens and refrigerators, and commercial dishwasher
- Multi-use space for dance, yoga, meditation, aerobics, music, etc.; (expansion space from the great room for larger events)
- Cozy Living / TV room for shared viewing and casual socializing
- Exercise Room with gym quality equipment
- Additional rooms for hobbies, meetings, sewing & crafts, games, etc.
- Herb Garden off the kitchen or Shared community garden
- Patio/Deck for outdoor cooking, dining, sunning, with access to Common House rooms
- Shared laundry facilities (in addition to laundry hookups in every home)
- Handicapped accessible bathroom and shower
- Tool Shed or Shop